fox 1.2.13

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jan 10 20:34:05 PST 2007

On Jan 10, 2007, at 21:05, Luc Lefebvre wrote:

> On 10-Jan-07, at 12:18 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Why don't you try upgrading the port to 1.2.18 on your local
>> machine. ("port edit fox") If it works, then provide us with a
>> patch that a committer can commit.
>
> I got partway.  Aplologies for my ignorance in this area.  I edited
> the portfile changing version to 1.2.18 and changing the md5
> checksum to that for this particular tgz archive.  When I attempt
> to install I get:
>
> Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
> --->  Fetching fox
> --->  Attempting to fetch fox-1.2.18.tar.gz from http://www.fox-
> toolkit.org/ftp/
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for fox
> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for fox-1.2.18.tar.gz
> Error: Target com.apple.checksum returned: Unable to verify file
> checksums
>
> I assume the system tries to validate the checksum at the
> com.apple.checksum website which appears to not exist (or at least
> be down).
>
> Any suggestions as to what I should be doing next?

Well, "com.apple.checksum" isn't about a website; it's just a unique
identifier for a piece of software, in this case the checksum
software. And the message just means that the md5 checksum you
entered doesn't match the md5 checksum of the archive. Perhaps one of
the downloads (either the one you did manually, or the one MacPorts
just did) was incomplete, and therefore the md5 checksum wasn't what
it should be.