problem upgrading mutt-devel

Andrew Sullivan andrew at ca.afilias.info
Fri Jan 26 05:03:46 PST 2007

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 02:07:57PM -1000, macosforge.org at monkeybutt.com wrote:

> I've tried uninstalling, cleaning and rebuilding the port and its
> dependencies, but with the same results.  I have also tried a few cursory
> web searches for additional clues, but again without luck.  Any help would
> be very much appreciated.

After struggling with that port for over a week off and on, I gave up
and compiled from source.  It worked much better.  You'll actually
have the dependencies you need because of the ports tree, so port is
still your friend; but I was never able to suss out what the breakage
was with that port.

<andrew at ca.afilias.info>                              M2P 2A8
jabber: ajsaf at jabber.org                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110