fontconfig 2.4.2 compile woes

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jan 27 19:08:01 PST 2007

On Jan 27, 2007, at 19:44, Ed Ravin wrote:

> I was trying to fix the libintl.3.xxx linking problem described
> in the macports.org Problem Hotlist.  I uninstalled and clean
> everything that depended on getext, and then begin putting things
> back.  All was well until I tried to install fontconfig (see below).
> fontconfig's dependencies, expat and freetype, are installed and up
> to date.  What should I try next?
>
> --->  Fetching fontconfig
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for fontconfig
> --->  Extracting fontconfig
> --->  Configuring fontconfig
> --->  Building fontconfig with target all
> Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command "cd
> "/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
> dports_graphics_fontconfig/work/fontconfig-2.4.2"
> && make all" returned error 2
> Command output: fcaliastail.h:508:2: #endif without #if
> fcaliastail.h:510: warning: alias definitions not supported in this
> configuration; ignored

[snip]

I updated fontconfig to 2.4.2 recently because the port was
unmaintained. I did not experience those same problems when updating
my installation, and I don't know what it means.

What version of Mac OS X are you on? Are you up to date with all
system updates? If not, install all updates. (Select Software Update
from the Apple menu.)

What version of Xcode is installed? If it's not the latest, 2.4.1,
then install 2.4.1. (Get it from http://developer.apple.com/ )

What version of gcc is selected? (Type "gcc --version") If you're on
10.4.x, is it gcc 4.0.1? If not, select it. (Type "sudo gcc_select 4")