a coprehensive searcheable ports list?

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Tue Jan 30 21:43:50 PST 2007

Check out the port.1 manpage. It has detail on various ways to
search, including pseudo-portnames.

But in general, you can do `port search portname`, where portname can
contain globbing characters.

If you want to find ports that provide a specific file, there's no
way of doing that without having installed the port yet. If you've
installed a port you can ask what port provides a given file on disk,
but MacPorts does not know what files a given port will provide until
it's installed.

--
Kevin Ballard
http://kevin.sb.org