a coprehensive searcheable ports list?

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Wed Jan 31 08:34:59 PST 2007

Oh that's not good. Non-deterministic ports are a bad thing. Any sort
of auto-detection like this should be explicitly declared, via
switches to ./configure telling it not to use the optional library by
default, with a variant that adds a dependency on that library and
changes the ./configure switches as appropriate.

The next time you find a non-deterministic port, I would recommend
emailing the maintainer about it.

--
Kevin Ballard
http://kevin.sb.org