Apache2 +openldap error

Samuel V.Green III unkie at cox.net
Sun Jul 1 00:52:44 PDT 2007

Upon issuing a sudo port installed I get:

apr-util @1.2.8_2 (active)
......,
openldap @2.3.35_0 (active)
.....,

Upon issuing sudo port install apache2 + openldap I get :

error: #error mod_authnz_ldap requires APR-util to have LDAP support
built in. To fix add --with-ldap to ./configure

Reading this I recognized that I DID NOT build the APR-util with the
+openldap option.
I then did an uninstall of apache2 as well as php5 to correct this
error.
I'm now trying again to get Apache2 to build with openldap.

Can someone point me to the documentation in the MacPorts Wiki or
whatever that would have
prevented me from "the long route?"

--Samuel.