The fetch command in Portfiles

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jul 9 08:26:34 PDT 2007

On Jul 9, 2007, at 09:45, Doug McCorkle wrote:

> The correct fetch.ignore_sslcert command solved my problems. In
> regards to the args command I thought I might be able to pass
> command line args to the utility that downloads packages. In
> MacPorts what is used to download packages? Is it curl?

It is curl, but I don't think there's a way to pass arbitrary
arguments to it. I'm not even sure whether it's called as a command-
line utility or used as a library. I think if you need some special
functionality to download something, then that functionality should
be built into MacPorts base and made available via the fetch object,
like fetch.ignore_sslcert.