Macports Gnome does not install

Baz brian.ewins at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 05:51:13 PDT 2007

On 12/07/07, Keith J. Schultz <keithjschultz at web.de> wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
>         I have been trying to get the gnome port to install for the last
> week to no avail!
>         Has anybody gotten it to install? I have a Powerbook and little disk
> realestate,
>         so I would hate to use fink.

Looking at the bug reports from yourself and paul beard (google for
your error message and you'll see it) both died processing es.po in
the gdm docs dir. Checking the svn log for that file, I see this:
http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gdm2?view=revision&revision=5000

So it looks like there was a bug; its fixed in release 2.19.4 (not in
macports yet). You could wait for the maintainer to update to a
working version or write your own local portfile for gdm (this isn't
very hard, its described in the manual)

>         Can anyone give me pointers who to contact about it. Do I have to go
> over to the
>         gnome lists?
>
>         I have posted here a few times and have not gotten an answer, so
> that is why I any
>         not giving any specifics.

If you reply to your own thread it makes it easier for others to find
what you said before, without you having to repeat yourself.