roll back gnucash

Kastus Shchuka macports at tprfct.net
Wed Jul 18 22:59:18 PDT 2007

On Jul 18, 2007, at 10:48 PM, Marc André Selig wrote:

> On 7/19/07, Kastus Shchuka <macports at tprfct.net> wrote:
>> I just upgraded gnucash to 2.2.0 and after playing with it for some
>> time realized that it is not really usable. It starts much slower
>> than 2.0.5, report generation takes forever, and moreover, there is
>> no graphics in the report.
>>
>>   Is it possible to revert back to version 2.0.5?
>
> See
> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2007-July/
> 004452.html
> for information on how to install an old port.

That post was about ocaml, not gnucash

> If there's wider demand, I can provide a gnucash20 port.

Here is what did the trick for me:

kastus-shchukas-ibook-g4:~ pike$ sudo port uninstall gnucash
Password:
--->  The following versions of gnucash are currently installed:
--->    gnucash @2.0.5_2+guile16
--->    gnucash @2.2.0_0+guile16 (active)
Error: port uninstall failed: Registry error: Please specify the full
version as recorded in the port registry.
kastus-shchukas-ibook-g4:~ pike$ sudo port deactivate gnucash
--->  Deactivating gnucash
kastus-shchukas-ibook-g4:~ pike$ sudo port uninstall gnucash @2.2.0_0
+guile16
--->  Uninstalling gnucash 2.2.0_0+guile16
kastus-shchukas-ibook-g4:~ pike$ sudo port activate gnucash @2.0.5_2
+guile16
--->  Activating gnucash 2.0.5_2+guile16

Regards, -Kastus