gtksourceview# does not recognize gnome#

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jul 20 15:18:52 PDT 2007

On Jul 20, 2007, at 06:10, olivier SAINT-EVE wrote:

> could you help me to install gnome-sharp (does it need gnome?) ?

I can't answer that because I don't know anything about gnome or
gnome-sharp. The correct people to ask about the requirements of
gnome-sharp are the developers of gnome-sharp.

All I can say is that there is a port "gnome-bindings-csharp" which
seems to be the port you want, but it seems to just be a placeholder.
The long description says "NOTE: the GNOME Java bindings have yet to
be ported to Mac OS X." This implies to me that the gnome C# bindings
require the gnome Java bindings, but that these are not yet available
for the Mac. I don't know whether this just means that nobody has
bothered to create a MacPorts port for them, or that someone has
tried and failed. This is why I suggested you ask the maintainer of
the gnome-bindings-csharp port for more information about that
statement in the long description. Maybe I am also mistaken; maybe
the gnome-bindings-csharp port works fine. Again, you could ask the
maintainer.