How do I search inside long descriptions

Malcolm Fitzgerald mfitzgerald at pacific.net.au
Mon Jun 18 23:30:37 PDT 2007

On 19/06/2007, at 3:42 PM, paul beard wrote:

> On Jun 18, 2007, at 10:22 PM, Malcolm Fitzgerald wrote:
>
>> % port info spreadsheet
>> Error: Port spreadsheet not found
>>

> is there a port called 'spreadsheet'? Trying that command for a
> known-good port gives me this:
>
> [/Users/paul]:: port info gnumeric
> gnumeric 1.7.9, Revision 1, gnome/gnumeric (Variants: universal)
> http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/
>
> A spreadsheet with gnome support.
>
> Build Dependencies: gnome-doc-utils
> Library Dependencies: libgsf, goffice, libgnomeprintui, dbus, dbus-glib
> Platforms: darwin

The words "known-good port" represent the blank that I'm trying to
fill. I want to be able to search for text inside the port's
long-description. I'd like to discover the "known-good" spreadsheets,
etc that are in MacPorts. At present I have to go to the the freebsd
ports web site, search there, then see if any of the ports that I've
found are available in MacPorts.

malcolm