dcraw install

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jun 23 14:31:32 PDT 2007

On Jun 23, 2007, at 14:04, rustymyers wrote:

> I'm trying to install dcraw. I had installed macports today. I am
> on a OS X 10.4.10 server.
>
> Here's my error:
>
> kb:/Library/WebServer2 etcadmin$ sudo port install dcraw
> --->  Fetching dcraw
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for dcraw
> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for dcraw-8.75.tar.gz
> Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for dcraw-8.75.tar.gz
> Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for dcraw-8.75.tar.gz
> Error: Target com.apple.checksum returned: Unable to verify file
> checksums

It looks like the developer performed a "stealth upgrade" -- 8.75 was
released on June 14, the MacPorts port was updated to 8.75 on June
17, and on June 19, the developer seems to have changed the archive
so now the checksums don't match.

Before updating the checksums in the portfile, I'd like to confirm
with the developer that this is what has occurred. I'll send them an
email.