Intel Mac and Darwinports

Kevin Windham kevo at gatorgraphics.com
Thu Mar 22 09:16:36 PDT 2007

On Mar 22, 2007, at 11:52 AM, Daniel Bond wrote:

> Hello all! I hope this subject has not been addressed. I have a new
> Intel Mac and am trying to install Darwinports on it. The software
> installs but when I execute the "port selfupdate" command I receive
> the following message:

I just installed 1.3.2 on an intel mini a couple of days ago and
didn't have any issues. Have you loaded the latest developer tools?
That is the only thing required as far as I know besides running the
darwin ports installer package from the .dmg file.

Oh, I did also check my .profile as described on the installation
page, but I don't think it's necessary unless you want to specify an
editor or use X11 apps. The path to the command line apps gets put in
by the installer.

HTH,
Kevin