Bittorrent

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed May 2 02:31:16 PDT 2007

On May 2, 2007, at 04:10, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On May 2, 2007, at 03:56, Jyrki Wahlstedt wrote:

>>> "port file bittorrent" shows it has these dependencies:
>>>
>>> depends_lib     port:py-wxpython \
>>>                         port:py-twisted \
>>>                         port:py-crypto
>>>
>>> Not sure why it needs wxpython, that might pull in X11.
>>
>> Not answering the original question (I don't know) I can say there
>> is nothing in py-wxpython to pull in X11. It depends on (as can be
>> seen with 'port deps py-wxpython') python24 and wxWidgets. Port
>> wxWidgets does not depend on X11.
>
> bittorrent -> py-wxpython -> wxWidgets -> libsdl -> XFree86 (or
> Apple's X11)

The dependency on X was added to libsdl recently:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/23423

Running "otool -L" on every file installed by libsdl, it does not
look like anything links with any X library. However, apparently
libsdl does not build properly unless X is present:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/10830