Bittorrent

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 3 02:47:17 PDT 2007

On May 2, 2007, at 08:27, Eric Donkersloot wrote:

> How can I determine whether I have Apple's X11 installed or not,

Look in /Library/Receipts. If you have both X11User.pkg and
X11SDK.pkg you're all set. If not, install whichever is not there.
X11User.pkg is on the Mac OS X DVD (for 10.4.x) or downloadable from
Apple Software Updates online (for 10.3.x only). X11SDK.pkg is in the
Xcode disk image available from the Apple Developer Connection
online. Use the latest Xcode (2.4.1 for 10.4.x; 1.5 for 10.3.x).

> I get the following confusing error message:
>
> Error:
>                     You have an Apple X11SDK installation already.
>                         MacPorts will not overwrite it.
>
>                     If you wish to use Apple X11,
>                         install it from your MacOSX install disc.
>
>                     If you really want to use XFree86 instead,
>                         please move it aside first :
>
>                             sudo mv /usr/X11R6 /usr/X11R6.apple

That is confusing... perhaps it's trying to say that you have
X11SDK.pkg installed but not X11User.pkg.