python24 upgrade fails?

Michael Dakin macports-users at mdakin.mailcan.com
Sun May 13 23:13:44 PDT 2007

On Wed May 9 15:34:37 PDT 2007 Weissmann Markus wrote:

 > we already received this error report from another user, but not with
 > the hint about the actual version of the python interpreter in
 > $worksrcpath;
 > neither Jann nor Elias nor I did encounter this particular error and
 > we have been unable to reproduce it so far.
 > We're investigating; please throw any hints my way!

I too have encountered this problem while building Python 2.4 with
MacPorts.

My Mac's filesystem is case sensitive.

Mr. Beard, is your filesystem case sensitive?

There is logic in configure.in (and thus configure) that tests
whether the filesystem is case INsensitive.  On most Macs this test
will evaluate to true but on my Mac it will evaluate to false.  Could
this difference be the source of the build failure and the fact that
some aspects of the build expect "python.exe" to exist?

  -Michael Dakin