Trouble with subversion

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun May 13 23:19:06 PDT 2007

On May 13, 2007, at 22:15, Andre-John Mas wrote:

> I am testing out my subversion install, which I had installed with
> MacPorts,
> and I seem to be having an issue:
>
> myhost:~/.ssh root# svn info svn+ssh://ajmas@127.0.0.1/Library/svn/
> repositories/development
> The authenticity of host '127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)' can't be established.
> Password:
> tcsh: MANPATH: Undefined variable.
> dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>   Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/svnserve
>   Reason: Incompatible library version: svnserve requires version
> 7.0.0 or later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 5.0.0
> svn: Connection closed unexpectedly
>
> What should I be doing to get the right version of libiconv?

You need to have the libiconv port installed. The current version is
1.11_4. Do you have the libiconv port installed? Check it with "port
installed libiconv". Do you have /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib and
does it provide API version 7.0.0? Check it with "otool -L /opt/local/
lib/libiconv.2.dylib"

I see that the subversion port is missing some dependencies,
including libiconv. Daniel?

$ sudo port -t install subversion +mod_dav_svn +no_bdb +tools
--->  Fetching subversion
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for subversion
--->  Extracting subversion
--->  Applying patches to subversion
--->  Configuring subversion
Warning: Target configure has an undeclared dependency on apache2
Warning: Target configure has an undeclared dependency on libiconv
Warning: Target configure has an undeclared dependency on p5-pathtools
Warning: Target configure has an undeclared dependency on perl5.8
Warning: Target configure has an undeclared dependency on zlib
--->  Building subversion with target all mucc
Warning: Target build has an undeclared dependency on libiconv
Warning: Target build has an undeclared dependency on openssl
Warning: Target build has an undeclared dependency on sqlite3
Warning: Target build has an undeclared dependency on zlib
--->  Staging subversion into destroot
--->  Installing subversion 1.4.3_1+mod_dav_svn+no_bdb+tools
--->  Activating subversion 1.4.3_1+mod_dav_svn+no_bdb+tools
--->  Cleaning subversion
$