missing antlr-2.7.7.tar.gz for tomcat5

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat May 26 23:46:43 PDT 2007

On May 26, 2007, at 20:12, Valentin Kuznetsov wrote:

> while attempting to build tomcat5 port the  antlr-2.7.7.tar.gz was
> missing from port lists:
> --->  Fetching antlr
> --->  Attempting to fetch antlr-2.7.7.tar.gz from http://
> www.antlr.org//download/
> --->  Attempting to fetch antlr-2.7.7.tar.gz from http://distfiles-
> od.opendarwin.org/antlr
> --->  Attempting to fetch antlr-2.7.7.tar.gz from http://distfiles-
> msn.opendarwin.org/antlr
> --->  Attempting to fetch antlr-2.7.7.tar.gz from http://distfiles-
> od.opendarwin.org/
> --->  Attempting to fetch antlr-2.7.7.tar.gz from http://distfiles-
> msn.opendarwin.org/
> Error: Target com.apple.fetch returned: fetch failed
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: struts antlr
> commons-lang commons-validator jakarta-oro
>
> In order to proceed I found this tar ball in gentoo disttrubution.
> Could you please either update to newest version of this package or
> put elsewhere this tar ball.

antlr 3.0 was just released on May 17, 2007, but already the 2.7.7
archive is no longer available from antlr.org. That's rather
inconvenient of them.

antlr 3.0 seems to be substantially different than 2.7.7 and I don't
feel comfortable updating someone else's port to a new major version.
I don't know anything about antlr, so I don't even know whether or
not the antlr port should even be updated to 3.0, or whether instead
for example a new port antlr3 should be created. I'm Cc'ing the
maintainer. In the mean time, I'm changing the port's master site so
that 2.7.7 can be downloaded from a different location.