Open Source Mac - Free, Open-Source software for OS X

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Thu May 31 17:38:20 PDT 2007

Steven Rogers <srogers1 at austin.rr.com> on Thursday, May 31, 2007 at 4:12
PM -0800 wrote:
>Maybe, but the command line is never going to be an option for the
>average person.

Sure, but probably 75% of the ports we have will never be *used* by the
average person either, at least until the apps change in some future app
usage revolution.  That's what I think gets missed in most of our
arguments over GUIs on this list.  If we made them all installable with
one-click right now, many people would get excited and install them and
ask "What do I do now?"  And then we'd have to point them to the
command-line.

Mark