Qt4 port

Jochen Küpper jochen at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Sat Nov 3 14:45:39 PDT 2007

On 03.11.2007, at 22:28, Adam Dershowitz wrote:

>> On 24.10.2007, at 06:46, Adam Dershowitz wrote:
>>
>>> I just noticed that 4.3.2_0 was now in macports.  So I tried doing:
>>> sudo port upgrade outdated
>>> and it worked just fine to go from 4.3.1_1.  This time I did not
>>> have to first deactivate.

> Right after I did this install I built sqliteman (http://
> sqliteman.com/) a Qt gui application that was the reason that I
> needed to include sqlite in Qt.  It built fine.
>
> Just yesterday I tried to use it, and it fails to open any
> databases.  But that is the same error that I was getting when I
> first tried to build the Qt port and sqlite was not an option.

What is the exact error message?

> The following ports are currently installed:
>   qt4-mac @4.3.2_0+sqlite (active)
>
> But is there any way to confirm that sqlite was actually being
> included properly with Qt.  I know that it worked fine for the old
> version that I first sent to you.  So something is different.  Any
> ideas?

What does
   sudo port contents qt4-mac | grep sqlite
give you? I get this:
   /opt/local/include/qt4/Qt/qsql_sqlite.h
   /opt/local/include/qt4/Qt/qsql_sqlite2.h
   /opt/local/include/qt4/QtSql/qsql_sqlite.h
   /opt/local/include/qt4/QtSql/qsql_sqlite2.h
   /opt/local/lib/qt4-plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite.dylib

Since I have never used any real db with Qt: what is an easy way to
check whether Qt's sqlite plugin works in a given installation?

Greetings,
Jochen
--
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit                http://www.Jochen-