Macports and http proxy

Quintin expiation at devils.com
Mon Nov 5 01:44:19 PST 2007

Hey

Okay, I see there's a extra_env option in macports.conf described as
"extra environment variables to keep". I added "http_proxy" there too,
but still nothing :( Can anyone please help?

I really just don't get it as curl works perfectly fine by itself.
Even if the http_proxy environment variable isn't getting processed
properly, the .curlrc config should still allow it to run properly.
Why does macports ignore this config as well as the environment
variable when invoking curl?

Thanks!
Quintin