servers down

Edward Harvey edward.harvey at lyricsemi.com
Tue Nov 13 05:39:00 PST 2007

On Nov 10, 2007, at 10:12 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Ok, so the apr0 and apr-util0 ports are out of date and need to be
> updated. You should file a ticket for that in Trac. Instructions
> are here:
>
> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/TracTicketing

I submitted a ticket there.  I suppose I could watch the bug to see
when it's taken care of, but there's a new question...

When they update this, will it be a "port selfupdate" situation?
That will download new portfiles for me, and then I can build it, or
is there some sort of "Update only my portfiles" procedure that will
resolve this faster?

I tried simply editing my portfiles (change the version number and
update the md5sum).  Apr0 and apr-util0 built just fine, and apache
with the defaults only complained of warnings (warning, this build
violates port file structures, blah blah) but what I need to do is
"port install apache20 +openldap" and this build unfortunately fails.

So I suppose it will work whenever the next stable release of port is
released "port selfupdate" but who knows when that will be.

I'm wondering if there's any way to get this done sooner?

Thanks again for your help.