Installing python25 on OS X 10.3 failed

js ebgssth at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 06:04:56 PST 2007

Hi,

I was trying to install python25 but I've got errors below

ranlib libpython2.5.a
libtool -o libpython2.5.dylib -dynamic  \
        -all_load libpython2.5.a -single_module \
        -install_name /opt/local/lib/libpython2.5.dylib \
        -compatibility_version 2.5 \
        -current_version 2.5 -lSystem  -L/opt/local/lib
ld: for architecture ppc
ld: warning prebinding disabled because of undefined symbols
ld: Undefined symbols:
restFP
saveFP
libtool: internal link edit command failed
make: *** [libpython2.5.dylib] Error 1

When I fetch python && configure && make myself,
that works without any problem.

Any Idea?