Apache and Apache 2 won't install

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Nov 18 20:37:01 PST 2007

Please keep discussion on the mailing list by using Reply To All when
you reply.

On Nov 18, 2007, at 22:24, Thomas Allen wrote:

> No, I've installed everything successfully now. But neither MySQL nor
> Apache2 is starting. How do I start these daemons?

When installing mysql5 +server or apache2, you were shown a message
that told you how to start these daemons. To start apache2 now and at
system startup:

sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.apache2.plist

To stop apache2 now and not start it at system startup:

sudo launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/
org.macports.apache2.plist

For mysql5 +server:

sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.mysql5.plist

and:

sudo launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/
org.macports.mysql5.plist

If you only installed mysql5, and not mysql5 +server, you'll have to
uninstall mysql5 and install mysql5 +server:

sudo port -f uninstall mysql5
sudo port clean --work mysql5
sudo port install mysql5 +server