the easy fix to get python 2.5 working again

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Fri Nov 23 01:30:08 PST 2007

On 23 Nov 2007, at 00:29, paul beard wrote:

> On 11/22/07, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote: On Nov
> 22, 2007, at 16:02, paul beard wrote:
>
> > I should have attached this to my earlier email. Since it is
> > explicitly for darwin 8, it shouldn't break anything else. Right?
> >
> >  platform darwin 8 {
> > -       configure.compiler      gcc-4.0
> > -       configure.args-append   --with-cxx=/usr/bin/g++-4.0
> > +       configure.compiler      gcc-3.3
> > +       configure.args-append   --with-cxx=/usr/bin/g++- 3.3
> >  }
>
> I would expect that not to work on Intel Macs, since Apple's gcc 3.3
> only compiles PowerPC binaries.
>
> Well, that's all I have to work with. I have no idea if it's
> working at all on Intel hardware. Anyone else seeing a problem with
> it?

See ticket #13377[1]. I think the problem is the configure flags
being passed to python, not the compiler.

[1] http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13377

Randall Wood
rhwood at mac.com
http://shyramblings.blogspot.com

"The rules are simple: The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes.
All the
rest is just philosophy."