Can't install Gimp on 10.5.1

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 20:03:14 PST 2007

On 11/26/07, chagrins <chagrinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. I did sudo port -d install gimp, and I get this output,
> seemingly ad infinitum:
>
> DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: expat
> DEBUG: Found port in
> file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/x11/XFree86
> DEBUG: Searching for dependency: XFree86
> DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: XFree86
> DEBUG: Found Dependency: path: /usr/X11R6/lib filename: libX11.6.dylib
> regex: ^libX11\.6\.dylib$
> DEBUG: Found Dependency: path: /usr/X11R6/lib filename: libX11.6.dylib
> regex: ^libX11\.6\.dylib$
> DEBUG: Found port in
> file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/x11/render
> DEBUG: Searching for dependency: render
> DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: render
> DEBUG: Found port in
> file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/textproc/libiconv
> DEBUG: Searching for dependency: libiconv
> DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: libiconv
> DEBUG: Found port in
> file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/textproc/expat
> DEBUG: Searching for dependency: expat
> DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: expat
> DEBUG: Found port in
> file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/print/freetype
> DEBUG: Searching for dependency: freetype
> DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: freetype

To use a technical expression, that looks pretty well hosed up.
What does "port installed" look like? It looks like perhaps your receipts
got messed with somehow, and that's how MacPorts keeps track of what's
installed and what files make up each port's contents.

I have had this happen when I ran out of space and the receipt for a port
(or ports) could not be written  to disk. It's unpleasant.

Show up "port installed" and we'll see if that jibes with what you should
have.

--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at mac.com>