Can't install Gimp on 10.5.1

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 20:44:39 PST 2007

On 11/26/07, Michael E. Shamgochian <chagrinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Strange! This is pretty much a clean install of MacPorts - I've tried
> reinstalling MacPorts to see if that would solve the problem. Right
> now, I'm just getting this from port installed:
>
> The following ports are currently installed:
>    par2 @0.4_1+darwin_9 (active)
>    unrar @3.7.8_0 (active)
>
> (I installed those two with no trouble.)

odd. Not sure how you picked out two ports that don't depend on gettext,
expat, or libiconv ;-)
to go back to the top of this thread, gimp2 has library dependencies on:
        aalib
        curl
        libart_lgpl
        libexif
        libgnomeui
        libgtkhtml
        libmng
        librsvg
        libwmf
        p5-xml-parser
        poppler
        py25-gtk

and those all have dependencies on other things. So it should take some time
to install.

Why you were seeing all those messages eludes me. Want to try installing
gimp2 again?

try:

port -d install gimp2 | tee /tmp/logfile.txt so you get the entrails to
peruse later.

--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at mac.com>