Can't install python25

Instruct ICC instructicc at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 10 08:23:43 PDT 2007

> btw @Instruct ICC : AFAIK port configure foo doesnt take config
> options -- it merely starts the configure phase of the port
> instalation.  Configuration tags are set via the portfile which you
> can inspect with port cat foo if you are curious.  Some others are
> set in port itself (like macos

I see
configure.args  --enable-shared \
                        --mandir=${prefix}/share/man \
                        --disable-framework

So I'd have to edit configure.args here if a variant was not available?
How could I make a new variant?  (Just asking.  No need yet.  I suppose I should also inform the maintainer?)
Ahh, I see
variant universal {
    configure.args-append   --enable-universalsdk
}

Why is this Macports low level stuff getting interesting to me?  I have work to do.  ;)