Problem to install php5 ...

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Sep 2 20:56:10 PDT 2007

On Sep 2, 2007, at 10:05, Maire Alban. wrote:

> On 9/2/07, Matthias Müller wrote:
>
>> Am 02.09.2007 um 16:40 schrieb Maire Alban.:
>>
>> > i had installed php with the command "sudo port -v install php5
>> > +apache2 +mysql5 " and the i wanted to update the version of php5
>> > but i have this error :
>> >
>> > /usr/bin/ld: warning -prebind has no effect with -bundle
>> > /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
>> > _res_nclose
>> > _res_ninit
>> > _res_nmkquery
>> > _res_nsend
>> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> > make: *** [libs/libphp5.bundle] Error 1
>> >
>> > Warning: the following items did not execute (for php5):
>> > org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot
>> > org.macports.install
>> > Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>>
>> maybe it works if you first deactivate (uninstall) php and then
>> reinstall it.
>> btw, try $ sudo port -v install php5 +apache2 +mysql5 +pear
>
> it is what i made ... :/

What does that mean?

The problem is that you have bind9 installed. See this bug:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/11283

If you do not require bind9, uninstall bind9. Then you can upgrade php5.

If you do require bind9, then deactivate bind9, then upgrade php5,
then activate bind9.

If anybody can suggest a better fix for this issue, I'm all ears.