port fails to list installed ports

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Sep 11 07:22:58 PDT 2007

On Sep 10, 2007, at 3:21 PM, Ranjan Bagchi wrote:
> I'm experiencing this as well:
>
> ranjan-bagchis-computer-2:~ rbagchi$ port -d outdated
> DEBUG: list must have an even number of elements
>     while executing
> "array set receipt_$ref $receipt_contents"
>     (procedure "receipt_flat::open_entry" line 84)
>     invoked from within
> "${macports::registry.format}::open_entry $name $version $revision
> $variants"
>     (procedure "open_entry" line 4)
>     invoked from within
> "open_entry $iname $iversion $irevision $ivariants"
>     (procedure "registry::installed" line 13)
>     invoked from within
> "registry::installed"
> Error: port installed failed: list must have an even number of
> elements
> No ports are installed.
>
> I've done a port sync, and a port selfupdate, and neither has
> cleared this up.  It began around the first of the month.

did you perhaps run out of disk space while installing something
around when this first started happening?

you may have a corrupted receipt file.

If you have only a few ports installed, it might be best to remove
macports and reinstall them. Otherwise, you could possibly find and
remove the corrupted receipt (but you'll have a bunch of the files
from that port still in your macports prefix and macports will no
longer be able to manage them correctly).

--
Daniel J. Luke