texinfo building error

Glenn Jones jonesglenn at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 14 07:53:27 PDT 2007

Hi

I'm having a few difficulties in installing tetex and in particular the port texinfo. I managed to get tetex running fine on my macbook via macports but I'm having difficulties in building it on my imac. When I try and install texinfo I get the following error message:

--->  Building texinfo with target all
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_textproc_texinfo/work/texinfo-4.11" && make all " returned error 2
Command output: make  all-recursive
Making all in gnulib/lib
../../build-aux/install-sh -c -d sys
make[2]: execvp: ../../build-aux/install-sh: Permission denied
make[2]: *** [sys/stat.h] Error 127
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

My imac has the following specs 1.83 GHz Intel Core Due, 512 mB 667 MHZ DDR2 SDRAM and I'm using a tcsh shell.

Thanks for the help

Glenn