Problems with Tidy

Jeff Stubbs jeff at cjstubbs.org
Fri Sep 14 11:38:04 PDT 2007

Hi All,

Tried to install tidy prior to installing php5 on my sandbox machine.
The attempt resulted in this error:

--->  Building tidy with target all
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.build (tidy)
DEBUG: Environment:
DEBUG: Assembled command: 'cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_www_tid
y/work/tidy" && make all'
make: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_www_tid
y/work/tidy" && make all " returned error 2
Command output: make: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.

Warning: the following items did not execute (for tidy):
org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot
org.macports.install

What's weird, is that I successfully installed tidy (and php5) about
4-5 weeks ago both on the sandbox and this machine. Comparing the two
portfiles (this machine and the attempted fresh install on the
sandbox) showed only a different time stamp & commit email address
and additional livecheck directives. Everything else looked unchanged.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff