how to start with macports ?

Thomas De Contes d.l.tDeContes at free.fr
Sun Sep 16 09:35:44 PDT 2007

Le 13 sept. 07 à 02:06, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :

> On Sep 12, 2007, at 17:53, Thomas De Contes wrote:
>
>> Le 23 juil. 07 à 22:22, Thomas De Contes a écrit :

>>> well, i posted this question before seeing that now port install
>>> gtk2 does nothing if gtk2 is installed
>>> sorry
>>>
>>> i had problems when it tried to install anyway, and so made a
>>> part of the upgrade but not as it should
>>
>> there is still the pb, but it seems to not happen at each time
>> i don't know exactly in which conditions it happens or not
>>
>> i installed all of that in jully, an today i re-run my script to
>> update all :
>>

>> + port install subversion
>> --->  Activating subversion 1.4.5_0
>> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: Another
>> version of this port (subversion @1.4.4_0) is already active.
>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>>
>> + port install mpfr
>> --->  Activating mpfr 2.3.0_2+darwin_8
>> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: Another
>> version of this port (mpfr @2.2.1_1+darwin_8) is already active.
>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>>
>> + port install gtk2
>> --->  Activating gtk2 2.10.14_0
>> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: Another
>> version of this port (gtk2 @2.10.13_0) is already active.
>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>
> Ok, so as it says, you cannot "install" those ports because they
> are already installed. Instead of "port install subversion" you
> should have used "port upgrade subversion", etc.
>

> If you would like MacPorts to automatically uninstall the old
> version when activating the new version, use "port -u upgrade foo"
> instead of "port upgrade foo"

well, i try to make a script which can install or upgrade, without i
have to tell what to do

now i have :

port install subversion
port install mpfr
port install gtk2
port -u upgrade outdated

i though that in case of install, "port -u upgrade outdated" would do
nothing, and in case of upgrade, "port install ..." would do nothing,
but it's not like that

how can i make my script ?

or is it possible to modify "port install ..." to make it either do
nothing, or upgrade properly ?

> To fix this now, you need to:
>

> port deactivate subversion @1.4.4_0
> port activate subversion @1.4.5_0
>
> port deactivate mpfr @2.2.1_1+darwin_8
> port activate mpfr @2.3.0_2+darwin_8
>
> port deactivate gtk2 @2.10.13_0
> port activate gtk2 @2.10.14_0
>

> Once you are satisfied that the new versions work, you can remove
> the old versions:
>

> port uninstall subversion @1.4.4_0
> port uninstall mpfr @2.2.1_1+darwin_8
> port uninstall gtk2 @2.10.13_0

thank you :-)

--
je milite contre l'assistanat, je travaille dans une SCOP !