Sorry, this is a 'newbe' question.

Alexander Aakesson dev-null at code-donkey.org
Fri Sep 21 06:14:37 PDT 2007

Hi,  my name is Alec Aakesson, and I just moved from linux/freebsd
environment to a Mac environment.  I would like to download the darwin
ports and install them on my Mac [OS X 10.4].  I would like to know if I
have to pay to do that or buy any special software?  Is it available to
any one?  I am not doing this for any organization, but for my own
edification.  When I went to download the source for the ports I was
asked to enter my 'work e-mail address.'  I am used to working with
freebsd ports, but I am not quite sure how Mac does things.
Please let me know.

Cheers,
Alec

--