postgresql82

Tom Allison tom at tacocat.net
Sat Apr 5 05:30:03 PDT 2008

I had some Apple upgrades come in recently and noticed a few things that
were out of whack -- like I had some issues with the minimize feature
not working.

And then I realized that my database isn't running.

How do I get this back into the sys_init process so it will run again?
I don't see any errors in /opt/local/var/log/postgres82/postgres.log.
These are the last lines:

LOG:  received smart shutdown request
LOG:  shutting down
LOG:  database system is shut down

NOTE TO SELF -- add dates to config.

I guess I can upgrade and maybe that will fix it.

If I do:
Do I have to migrate the databases?
Do I need to dump them first and migrate manually (will version 8.2 be
around)

How do I NOT upgrade a package (and dependencies)?
I want to keep RAILS at version 1.xxx