Building cairomm (inkscape dependency) fails

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Apr 21 21:19:19 PDT 2008

On Apr 21, 2008, at 11:14 PM, Jason Merrill wrote:

>> When using MacPorts it is not recommended to also use (or even have)
>> software installed in /usr/local.
>
> This sounds pretty impractical.  Until recently, I believe pdf2svg was
> not available through macports.  What is one recommended to do?

Software installed in /usr/local can and often does interfere with
software installed using MacPorts. The only solution at this time is
not to have software installed in /usr/local.

If software you need is not available via MacPorts, file port request
tickets, or better yet, write ports and submit them. Portfiles are
not hard to write, and the process is described in the Guide.

http://guide.macports.org/