Having a pretty rough time getting php5 installed

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sat Aug 9 14:33:49 PDT 2008

>> Not going to well, apache2 went in fine, mysql seems to now have gone
>> in with a clean being done first.  I ran the load of the launcd file,
>> that was fine, then when I run:
>> sudo mysql5 mysql_install_db5
>> ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through
>> socket
>> '/opt/local/var/run/mysql5/mysqld.sock' (2)
>
> Is it possible that this instance is conflicting the instance that you
> installed earlier?

That install was another machine, this is a test machine, or my local
machine, and has not seen a mysql install.
ls -la /opt/local/var/run/mysql5/

drwxr-xr-x  3 _mysql  _mysql  102 Aug  9 12:10 .
drwxr-xr-x  3 root    admin   102 Aug  9 11:57 ..
-rw-r--r--  2 root    _mysql    0 Aug  9 11:57 .turd_mysql5

Any other suggestions?

>> So, of course, I can not start it either
>> me at me:/opt/local/bin/ $sudo /opt/local/bin/mysqld_safe5 &
>> [1] 67824
>> me at me:/opt/local/bin/ $Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /
>> opt/
>> local/var/db/mysql5
>> STOPPING server from pid file /opt/local/var/db/mysql5/me.local.pid
>> 080809 12:10:06  mysqld ended
>> So I move on, trying to get php5 going:
>> sudo port clean php5
>> sudo port install php5 +apache2 +mysql5 +pear +imap +sqlite +tidy
>> * How do I get sqlite support in php5?
>> ... fetches most everything ... then ...
>> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned:
>>
>>                    You have an Apple X11 installation already.
>>                        MacPorts will not overwrite it.
>>
>>                    If you wish to use Apple X11,
>>                        install the X11SDK included with Xcode tools.
>
> As it says, make sure the Apple X11SDK package included with Xcode
> is installed.

The first part says I have it already, the second part says to install
it.  I already did, and just did again, by digging into xcode, I found
X11SDK.pkg and ran it.  I am pretty sure it is installed, where would
I look to prove it is or is not?

Thanks
--
Scott