Checksum problem with molden

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Aug 14 02:31:10 PDT 2008

On Aug 14, 2008, at 02:59, Angyan Janos wrote:

> Bryan Blackburn wrote:
>
>> Looks like molden has experienced a stealth update (from HISTORY):
>>
>> ---
>> Tue Aug 12
>>
>> - Fixed a bug when going up one directory (..) in the filemanager.
>>    This one managed to escape my attention for a long time.
>>
>> - Minor changes to scrolling
>> ---
>
> It is fine, and probably explains why my attempts of download remained
> unsuccessful on the 4th of August.
>
> However, I still do not see what am I supposed to do right now to have
> the program molden installed.

You are supposed to wait for the maintainer to update the Portfile to
fix this problem. I'm Cc'ing him now. Or you can update the checksums
in the Portfile in your local copy if you need it immediately.

> The command selfupdate has no effect, what
> else could be done?

The selfupdate command did have an effect. Although your MacPorts
base installation was not outdated, and therefore not updated, your
ports most probably were outdated (because dozens of ports get
updated every day), and they were updated for you, even though
selfupdate did not say so.