moving port from a 32-bit box to 64-bit one

Alexy Khrabrov deliverable at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 21:56:49 PDT 2008

I've migrated from a 32-bit MacBook Core Duo to MBP Core 2 Duo, and
the Migration Assistant happily brought over my macports which look
like they work.  Except when I start one zsh inside another I get some
deallocate failures...  Which makes me think, will selfupdate notice I
am on 64 bits now and reinstall stuff, or do I have to reinstall it
all myself -- and then, is there an automatic way to redo all the
ports which are 64 bit-aware and capable?

Cheers,
Alexy