1.7.0 beta & rc1: libcurl errors

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Dec 8 14:19:41 PST 2008

On Dec 8, 2008, at 15:41, Bryan Blackburn wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 03:25:19PM -0500, Jay Levitt said:
>
>> I tried to rebuild the port, but the port command had the same
>> problem:
>>
>> sudo port clean git
>> couldn't load file
>> "/opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib":
>> dlopen(/opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib, 10):
>> Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libcurl.4.dylib
>>   Referenced from: /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/
>> Pextlib.dylib
>>   Reason: Incompatible library version: Pextlib.dylib requires
>> version
>> 6.0.0 or later, but libcurl.4.dylib provides version 5.0.0
>
> This could be an issue with selfupdate as it should be linking Pextlib
> against the system libcurl, not one found in MacPorts.  Will have
> to look
> into this.

I remember when building MacPorts manually, it will link with its own
ports, which isn't so great IMHO. Which is why I now build MacPorts
through a script which first sets the PATH so it doesn't contain the
MacPorts prefix. Like this:

#!/bin/bash

PREFIX=/mp

cd ~/macports/base
PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin \
./configure \
--prefix=$PREFIX \
--with-tclpackage=$PREFIX/Library/Tcl \
--with-install-user=rschmidt \
--with-install-group=admin \
--with-applications-dir=/Applications/mp \
--with-frameworks-dir=$PREFIX/Library/Frameworks \
--enable-readline || exit $?
make -j2 || exit $?
make install || exit $?
make clean || exit $?