Install or use problem: no .profile created

Joachim Oosnaabryg osna at ginko.de
Wed Dec 10 07:37:31 PST 2008

Am 10.12.2008 um 15:14 schrieb Joachim Oosnaabryg:
> Testwise I called in the Terminal
> sudo port -d selfupdate
> with the answer: "sudo: port: command not found"
>
> Therefore I ask you:
>
> How can I proof if MacPorts is installed rightly?

Hey, additionally I add the output of env:

localhost:/ joachim$ env
TERM_PROGRAM=Apple_Terminal
TERM=xterm-color
SHELL=/bin/bash
TERM_PROGRAM_VERSION=133-1
OLDPWD=/Developer/Applications
USER=joachim
__CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING=0x1F5:0:3
PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin
PWD=/
SHLVL=1
HOME=/Users/joachim
SECURITYSESSIONID=fa0ee0
_=/usr/bin/env

Thereover, I'm wondering that most of the locations, that are
mentioned for the case of uninstalling MacPorts,
http://guide.macports.org/#installing.macports.uninstalling
an my HD do not exist ore are empty, especially

- no /etc/paths.d/macports
- no /etc/paths.d/
- no /Library/StartupItems/DarwinPortsStartup
- no /Library/Tcl/macports1.0

Hope that helps (for helping ;-)

Goutgaun! joachim
--
MacTeXLive 2008 - TeXShop 2.18-svn - LyX 1.6
MacBook Pro OSX 10.4.11 Tiger