Install or use problem: no .profile created

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Wed Dec 10 14:49:27 PST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 11:22:09PM +0100, Joachim Oosnaabryg said:
[...]
> So the problem of installation of MacPorts seems to be resolved. I
> continued with:
>
> sudo port install rtf2latex2e
>
> which went logtime well, but finished with:
>
> --->  Configuring rtf2latex2e
[...]
> checking host system type... ./config.guess: line 1017: syntax error:
> unexpected end of file
> configure: error: can not guess host type; you must specify one

> I'm not fit to read from this wether the problem lies in the rtf2latex2e
> port, or in the MacPort configuration.

Looks like rtf2latex2e's configure script can't handle proper detection on a
Mac normally, so a PowerPC fix was put in there; unfortunately, there wasn't
one for Intel, so I just added one in r43442.  At least 30 minutes after
I've written this email, do a 'sudo port sync' and 'sudo port clean --work
rtf2latex2e' then try installing it again.

Bryan