R GUI

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 17 09:59:58 PST 2008

On Dec 17, 2008, at 10:04 AM, David Epstein wrote:

> Does Macports have a port for the GUI for R, the statistical computing
> program? Is it in fact possible to have a Macport supplying a MacOsX
> GUI
> (not necessarily R) that is invoked by double-clicking on an icon?
/snip/

Others have responded to you.  I'll add that
port info R
shows kjell.konis at epfl.ch is the maintainer of the Mac Port.  You
might ask him why he has configured the port using --without-aqua, and
if a variant --with-aqua could be provided.  Or you could write a Traq
ticket requesting the same.

William Davis
frstanATbellsouthDOTnet
Mac OS X.5.6 Darwin 9.5.0
XQuartz 2.3.2_rc3 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple27)
Mac Mini Intel Duo @ 1.86 GHz

Mundus vult decepi, ego non