R GUI

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Wed Dec 17 11:05:00 PST 2008

On 2008-12-17 , at 10:46 , David Epstein wrote:

> port list R* can't do what we want, can it? The shell tries to
> expand R* to
> match a file in the current directory, and otherwise exits with "No
> match".
> If one shields R* from the shell with quote marks, for example, then
> one
> gets a list of all ports starting with R or r, and there are too
> many of
> them for comfort.

face at mac:~:125 $ port list R*
R                              @2.8.0          math/R

That's running from trunk - so MacPorts version is

face at mac:~:126 $ port
MacPorts 1.8.0
Entering interactive mode... ("help" for help, "quit" to quit)
[Users/face] > ^D
Goodbye

On my *old* system

face at x:face:123 $ port
MacPorts 1.600
Entering interactive mode... ("help" for help, "quit" to quit)
[Users/face] > ^D
Goodbye
face at x:face:124 $ port list R*
face at x:face:125 $

Looks like you need a newer version of port ;-)

8)