libtool woes

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 15:51:44 PST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 10:33 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> libtool's revision has been bumped so that everyone will be forced to
> rebuild it so that this problem should disappear.

This is confusing to me, since the libtool that is crapping out is ./libtool
(relative to the port's build directory). Where does the ports-installed
libtool enter into it?

Interestingly, I just found that libidl built without issue on another
system here (also PPC, also 10.4.11).

kitchen:~ root# port installed | grep libidl
  libidl @0.8.10_0 (active)

This makes me wonder why two systems are having issues and one isn't. G4
good, G5 bad: also the G4s have been using MacPorts for quite awhile (since
it was DarwinPorts). Could there be some conflicting cruft in there
somewhere?

--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at gmail.com>