Emacs and Leopard problems continue

Eric Gouriou eric.gouriou at pobox.com
Tue Feb 5 12:58:06 PST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008, at 10:53 AM, skip at pobox.com wrote:

>   Jordan> I don't know where your /Applications/Emacs.app came from,
> but
>   Jordan> it wasn't Apple.  You must have installed it at some point
> in
>   Jordan> the past and then nuked its support files or something.  I
>   Jordan> would, in any case, delete it since you don't know how it
> got
>   Jordan> there. :)
>
> I know nothin' about support files.  I went ahead and nuked it and
> will wait
> semi-patiently for a replacement.  (Though I see there's a new
> version of
> Aquamacs.)

Whenever I find myself missing Emacs.app (or rather the packages that
aren't available
in the system version), I search Google for "emacs site:apple.com".  A
quick scan later,
and I get back to:
  <http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/unix_open_source/carbonemacspackage.html

Not as satisfying as building your own, but life is sometimes too short.

  Eric