Executing scripts during configure

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Feb 5 19:06:29 PST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008, at 9:40 PM, Michael Franz wrote:
> Add a pre-configure phase which finds those files and generates the
> string/path that you want to pass to configure, put it in a portfile-
> local variable and then add it to your configure args by using that
> variable.
>
> Any hints on how to do this?  I have not found many examples.  The
> one that I did find uses perl.

You probably want to use fs-traverse, which is described in the
portfile man page:

      fs-traverse [-depth] [-ignoreErrors] varname target-list body
          Traverse the filesystem hierarchy rooted in each element of
          target-list and execute body for each found file/directory.
varname
          is set to the path of the file/directory. If break is called
during
          execution, the filesystem traversal is stopped. If continue
is called
          during execution, the current file and any children are
skipped and
          traversal continues with the next file/directory.

          -depth  Equivalent to the -d switch to find(1).  Please note
that
                  using -depth means you cannot prune a directory with
continue
                  as it will be processed after its children.

          -ignoreErrors
                  Causes fs-traverse to ignore any permissions/read
errors
                  encountered during processing.

          If fs-traverse is called directly on a symbolic link, the
link will
          be followed. All other links encountered during traversal
will not be
          followed.

          fs-traverse will not descend into directories that have a
different
          device number than the root of the descent.

          If you remove the current directory during traversal, be
aware that
          you must call continue to inform fs-traverse that the
directory
          should not be descended into.

--
Daniel J. Luke