Is HFS really "scary"?

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 20:46:56 PST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 8:32 PM, Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh at apple.com> wrote:

> *sigh*
> If Linus Torvalds had said that HFS ate babies and eroded the moral fiber
> of the nation's youth, would you still be asking this question?  Probably
> not, since that would be clearly recognizable hyperbole.   Him saying it's
> "complete and utter crap" without any supporting evidence or even any
> specifics, however, evidently merits some sort of serious response, does it?
> :-)
>
> Perhaps you should ask your boss whether he follows all the successful
> deployments (both enterprise and otherwise) of XServes or if he follows the
> random pronouncements of someone who had nothing to do with the development
> of MacOSX, does not use it, and in fact is seriously biased against anything
> but the OS he *did* create.  Hardly the most objective opinion.

Linus is a bomb-thrower, and I'm sure my opinion that Linux is "complete and
utter crap" carries just as weight with him as his comments should with you.
if people seriously ask you to consider linux, ask them which one and why
that one and not the others. That should keep them out of your hair for
quite some time.

Seriously, HFS has been around an awfully long time in a lot of places to be
so crappy.
--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at gmail.com>