PHP Problems

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Sat Feb 16 13:59:00 PST 2008

On 2008-02-16 , at 13:47 , Thomas Condon wrote:

> I have installed Apache2, PHP5 & MySQL5 on my G4 TiBook (1 GHz, .5GB,
> OSX 10.4) after a fresh install of Tiger.  However, it does not
> serve up
> the PHP files correctly.  HTML works fine on the local machine.
> Personal Web Sharing is on and the firewall is off (I'm behind another
> firewall).  When I check for active installations of the critical
> systems with the port command it looks like this:

Personal Web Sharing on means that Apache 1 is running on port 80, at
least the system will attempt to start Apache using configuration
from /etc/httpd

Did you adjust your configuration files (/opt/local/apache2/conf) to
include PHP?

What I have done (now on 10.5) is
   make sure Web Sharing is off (so the Mac won't start the installed
apache2
   modified /etc/apache2/conf/httpd.conf to make the standard port be
8080 (just in case it does start)
   modified /opt/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf to include Apple
specific things for resource forks and case-insensitve .htaccess
   AND modified /opt/local/apache2/conf/extra/httpd-userdir.conf to
include /private/etc/apache2/users/*.conf

You may want to include /etc/httpd/users/*.conf to bring over the
Apple-created configurations for the users.

My 10.4 system isn't available anymore, so I can't check what Tiger
looked like.

8)