Port looks for make in /usr/bin now?

specialham at gmail.com specialham at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 19:43:10 PST 2008

Hey guys, thanks for any help!
I'm running Leopard 10.5.2 and the latest installation of macports. I
did a fresh install of leopard and used Migration Assistant to copy over
my user. So besides config files in my user folder everything is
basically like a clean install. Today I tried to update perl on my
machine and kept getting the error that port couldn't find make (to my
dismay). After putzing around I linked /Developer/usr/bin/gnumake to
/usr/bin/make and BAM port got past not finding make. My question is
what could have happened to make port look for make in my /usr/bin/ it
was working not long ago just fine with make located in the XCode 3
install of /Developer/usr/bin/make?
How can I go about repairing this without linking or duplicating the
contents of /Developer/usr/bin/ to /usr/bin?
Thanks!

RC